Hi everybody! Some well known facts about me is that I live in Belgium and that I have a passion for marketing, writing and graphic design. But, there are more facts about me that you don’t know! I wanted to fully introduce myself with some random facts about me. If you follow me on Twitter, then might remember the long tweet about me around my birthday. It wasn’t that successful… That is why I want to write it on my blog! I think it’s also a great opportunity for you guys to fully get to know me 😀
Alright, let’s go!
1. I can speak 4 languages. I can speak Dutch, English, French and German. Well… If you only count the ones I speak fluently, it’s only Dutch and English. I can understand French and German, but speaking them fluently is sometimes difficult.
2. I was a theater kid. My whole childhood was nothing but theater. My father is a director and play writer for amateur theater. My mom is an actress and she occasionally directed plays. So, likewise, my sister and I played a lot of theater when we were young. When I was 12 years old, my whole family got interviewed for a newspaper article from a well known newspaper in Belgium. I still am a theater kid deep down, but it’s been a while since I played in a production.
3. I have Autism. I was diagnozed when I was very young and I couldn’t speak till I was 3 years old. They told me when I was 14 years in secondary school and I’m living with it ever since. I want to write more about my Autism in a future post.
4. I love nail polish. If you follow me on Pinterest, you know that I have a board full with nail art ideas. My big inspiration is Simplynaillogical on YouTube.
5. I am addicted to YouTube. YouTube is a source of relaxation for me. I watch a huge range of content such as graphic design, science, comedy, beauty, gaming, animation,… If you want to see a list of my favorite youtubers, let me know 🙂
6. I have a long distance relationship. His name and Jacob and he lives in the US. We’ve been together for 2 years and we’ve seen each other in person 3 times. He has been in Belgium 2 times and I went to the US only 1 time.
7. I was a youtuber for a while. I had a YouTube channel 4 years ago when I started college. I wanted to express myself through videos and share my favorite things. Eventually, I quit because I didn’t had time anymore. I also deleted my channel, so you can’t find those videos anymore. Maybe I will try it again some other time in the future 😉
8. I love metal music. That’s also something that was involved in my whole childhood. My father is a huge rock and metal fan and he has his own radio show on a local radio station. I always went to festivals with him and his friends know me very well. You can also see my love for metal in my clothing style a lot: skulls, dark clothes, band shirts and chokers. Another fun fact is that I’m named after Rory Gallagher, my dad’s favorite singer of all time.
So, that’s it! Hopefully you guys liked this post 🙂 Let me know what you want to see next!